Monday, July 23, 2012

Warrior Dash 2012

Well, Warrior Dash was a success!!!  Our team of three managed to run/walk the entire coarse as well as completed all of the obstacles!  Some of them were a little scary and others were pretty easy.  It was definitely an adventure and everyone should at least try it once in their lifetime.  We managed to walk away without spraining an ankle or breaking any bones.  I look forward to trying it again next year!
On our way to Warrior Dash

Ready to become official warriors!

Riding the bus to get from our parking lot to Warrior Dash!

Our Warrior numbers!

Ready, Set, Charge!!!

Climbing one of our three final obstacles!  Pretty scary, especially when someone actually fell from the top!  Glad they were OK!

Jumping over FIRE!!!  We were kind of concerned that our tutus would catch on fire, but thankfully we were able to jump high enough!

Our final obstacle... THE MUD PIT!!!

We had to stay to the side of the mud pit since it was extremely deep!  I am pretty sure it would have swallowed me if I had stayed in the middle!

Trying to pull up my very muddy tutu!  I am guessing it weighed about 50 lbs!

No such luck.  Time to drag it to the finish line!  I almost left it in the mud pit, but decided it made it this far with me, I might as well finish with it!

The FINISH line!

Muddy Warriors!

Post muddy mayhem!  They hosed us off with freezing cold water, but we are officially Warriors!

I managed to walk away with only one Warrior Dash wound!  Not bad for being accident prone!

This is what the seats on the bus looked like on our way back to our car.  We were very glad we signed up for an early race time since our bus ride to warrior dash was much cleaner.  I asked the bus driver if they hosed the buses down and she said they had to wipe them down by hand! She should get a Warrior Dash medal just for having to clean the bus! 

1 comment: