Being a first time mom I was really struggling with whether or not I was just worrying because she is my first child or if my mommy instincts were truly telling me something else was going on. I struggled with this for about two days and then finally when Kent came home Friday I decided I wanted to take her back to the doctors. So, we headed to the ready car clinic at our doctor's office and were seen by the physician's assistant. He took a culture of one of the sores and told us it was a staff infection. He put her on antibiotics and told us that if we did not get a phone call from them that the staff infection was not a resistant staff infection and to continue the antibiotics. After a day and half of the antibiotics the sores began to heal and the swelling finally began to go down. Emma is doing much better and is back to being her cheerful, giggly self.
I am so thankful that I listened to my mommy instincts. I will never doubt my mommy instincts again and I hope other mothers out there don't as well. If I had not listened to my instincts things could have turned out very differently. So, my advice to moms is to listen to your mommy instincts. When it comes to your children it is much better to be safe than sorry.
| My beautiful daughter! |
Mommys always know best. We know our kids better than anyone and how they act and feel. Great job Chelsea trusting your instinct and going back. You are a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteOh man! That is awful! Poor girl!
ReplyDeleteYou are a great mommy! =) I'm glad she is healing and happy again!
ReplyDelete