Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Part I

Once again the 4th of July parade in Johnson was a hit.  This year we parked two trucks so we would have more room for friends to sit with us.  We sat with our friends Kylan, Kristen and their daughter Lainey, my dad, and some friends of Kristen and Kylan.  We were thankful we parked two trucks.  This year Emma was able to enjoy picking up all of the candy thrown to us from people in the parade.  After the parade we ate at the fire fighters BBQ and then headed home for Emma's nap.  Emma woke up just in time for us to head to Jeff and Jenny's annual 4th of July BBQ.  This year I tried to get somewhat creative, however I can not take credit for the idea, (thank you pinterest).  I made fruit kabobs which were suppose to look like the American flag.  It turned out pretty good.  The only thing that I did not like about it is that even though I put lemon juice on the bananas they still turned slightly brown.  Oh well, they still tasted yummy!  After the BBQ we walked over to Sunnyside park to watch the fireworks.  I was quite impressed with the fireworks this year.  The finale was pretty amazing.  Kent and I were kind of nervous about how Emma would do this year, since she is much more aware of loud noises.  Well Emma is a champ and did amazing.  The only time she was startled was at the very beginning and during the finale.  We ate lots of yummy food, had a great time with friends and family, and are looking forward to next years festivities.

The girls!!!

Emma's new friend Lainey! Now we just need to get Lainey walking and we are set!

Emma saw this chair and decided she needed to sit in it even though it was not hers and did not belong to anyone we new!  Thankfully most people in the Palouse are friendly!  This girl has no fear!

Pretty sure this was our favorite float of the parade!

And this was Emma's least favorite part of the parade!

Miss Lainey sleeping away in her mommy's arms!  Isn't she adorable!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Maybe we'll come up next year for it all! :)

    ReplyDelete