Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Date with Daddy!

For the past couple of years I have really wanted to make some homemade strawberry jam, so last weekend Kent, Emma and I headed to Greenbluff for the strawberry festival.  Even though it was suppose to be 90 degrees we decided to tough it out.  I now understand why people get up extremely early to pick strawberries or any other type of fruit/vegetable).  Though it was hot we managed to pick about 14 lbs of strawberries.  We are pretty sure we could have had closer to 16 lbs, but with Emma eating strawberries faster than we could pick them, we lost about 2 lbs of strawberries to Emma's tummy!  Since we were so busy picking strawberries mommy failed to get pictures of Emma "helping" to pick then eat the strawberries! :(

After picking strawberries we headed over to the festival area to eat lunch and see what other festivities they had.  There was not much for Emma to do, but we did ride on the Big Toot (train) around the farm.  With it being so hot we decided we needed to be closer to water, so we went downtown to River Front Park to play in the big fountain.  Emma was not to sure about the fountain.  But as long as she was in our arms she did not seem to mind all the water.  It was really nice to get out of the house and do something fun as a family, even though it was extremely hot.  Emma and I look forward to our next date with daddy.

Playing in the fountain!

Strutting her stuff!

One happy girl!

Look daddy!

I absolutely love this picture! I just wish the girl was not in it and I would definitely frame this!  If anyone knows how to edit her out let me know!

Mommy and Emma running through the fountain! 

Trying to get the water out of our eyes!  Emma did not know what to think about the last run through the fountain! 

1 comment: