Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sick + Infant = HARD

Well, a week ago today I came down with a very bad flu like sickness.  We are still not sure what I had, but all I know it was absolutely awful!  This was the first time I have been sick and had to take care of Emma by myself and let me tell you it is not easy!  I am sure all you mom's out there already new this, but this has been one of my fears about being a mother!  How will I handle being really sick and having to take care of a child without Kent around?  Well, I did!  I felt really bad for Emma though since every time I moved my body hurt, so I did not hold her a bunch and I was afraid of giving her what I had.  Luckily I have the most amazing child.  Emma was very calm and patient with me while I was sick and I am so thankful she has not come down with what I had.  I also am very thankful for my wonderful husband who came home his first day of work to a very messy house, no dinner, and a very sick wife and still took care of me!  He also brought me flowers to cheer me up!  I am so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter and a very loving and patient husband!!!!  I love you very much and thank God for you and Emma every day! 


The beautiful flowers Kent bought me!

Our sweet daughter sleeping with Walle!


No comments:

Post a Comment