For the past 3 years Kent and I have been traveling to Spokane and participating in Bloomsday. Last year Kent was very busy with remodeling a room, so we could move into our apartment on time so he was unable to attend, but this year the entire family including Emma walked in Bloomsday. We met up with our friends Molly & Eric, Lauren, and of course the Sander family. The past two years I have ran in Bloomsday, however this year having Emma and being out of shape we walked. It was definitely a very different experience walking with tons of strollers. Not sure if I like the stroller section, but once we moved quickly through the stroller crowd, it was a little less overwhelming and crowded.
This year I was a little nervous! I was not sure how Emma would do! Well, we definitely have a very calm and easy going baby girl. She slept in the beginning and was awake for the majority of Bloomsday. She did amazing! We stopped once to feed her and she was very content the entire time. I actually think Emma did much better than I did! Even though we had lots of fun walking, I never realized that walking could make me so sore! I have not been that sore in a long time. Kent also did much better than I did, but since we both forgot to put on sunscreen we both got sun burned.
Overall, we had tons of fun and finished Bloomsday!!! Through all the aches, burns, and pains we made it to the finish line and received our Bloomsday T-shirts. Emma even has one she will be able to wear when she is 5 years old!!! I still think they should make t-shirts or onsies for the very young ones!
Emma taking a nap before her first Bloomsday!
She wanted to be well rested so she could beat all of the other 3 month old!
Kent, Emma and I getting ready to walk!
Emma and Lauren smiling for the camera!
Molly and Micah getting pumped up for Micah's first Bloomsday!
Micah also rested so he could beat all of the 11 month old!
We are almost there! We can actually see the START line!
Doomsday Hill here we come!
Emma was not quite sure if we could make it up Bloomsday Hill!
She was lookin a little nervous!
Emma looking very relieved that mommy and daddy made
it up Doomsday Hill without collapsing!
Almost done! The end is near!
Mommy and Emma crossing the finish line! WE MADE IT!
Left to Right:
Julie (Becky's sister), Andre, Krissy (Becky's sister), Kendra,
Jason, Becky, Klara, Kallie, Kent, Emma, and Chelsea!
No comments:
Post a Comment