Monday, April 23, 2012

Point Defiance Zoo

While visiting my parents for my dad's 60th birthday my mom and step dad (Alex) took Emma and I to the Point Defiance Zoo.  This was Emma's second time at the zoo, however she seemed to enjoy it a little more since she was much older.  She had lots of fun in the kids zone at the zoo, especially going down the slide.  She also really liked the aquarium and watching all of the fish.  She was a little afraid of the huge sharks swimming by, but it still seemed to be one of her favorite attractions in the zoo.  Emma also really liked the sea otters.  We were lucky enough to watch them eat oysters.  I was amazed at how many oysters these critters can store on their belly's, while they chow down.  We had lots of fun and enjoyed a beautiful day with the grandparents. 

Emma viewing her first zoo animal of the day.  She was pretty excited!


Having fun on the slide.  I think she went down 3 or 4 times!

Emma saying "shh" (fish)!

Emma and Grandpa Alex

6 week old baby "itty" (kitty) as Emma put it.

She is not quite as tall as the baby polar bear!  We did not get to see the polar bears since they were hiding behind the rocks.  I was bummed since Emma's favorite stuffed toy is her polar bear.

She had so much fun at the zoo, but was ready to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment