Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Easter!

We started Easter off going to church and listening to an amazing sermon about God's love for us.  It was a great reminder of what happened so long ago on this very special day.  In celebration of the Easter holiday Kent and I hosted Easter dinner.  I cooked my very first ham ever and it turned out amazing.  It was extremely easy compared to cooking a turkey.  We had our friends Eric, Molly and Micah over along with Kylan, Kristen and their new little one Lainey!  Since we were unable to go home for Easter this year we were really excited to spend it with our friends.  God has definitely blessed our lives with such amazing friends. 

Happy Easter!!!

Admiring the beautiful Easter lilies!

Thank you Gramma 'K' and Grannpa Alex for the Easter basket! 
I love the Easter bunny!

Thank you Papa and Grandma 'G' for the Easter basket! 
The chalk is so much fun to color with since it is so messy!

Emma's new friend Lainey!  She has the cutest cheeks I have ever seen!

Since the Easter egg hunt at Kruegel Park was so large we thought it would be nice for Micah and Emma to have their own mini Easter egg hunt.  Emma definitely seemed to be more focused on finding eggs and putting them in her basket this time around.  I am sure it helped that there were not 100s of children around her. 

Getting ready for their second Easter egg hunt!

If I remember correctly this must go in here!

Catching her balance while she sets her sights on another egg!

I got it!

All done hunting eggs!

1 comment: