During the tea we ate delicious scones, desserts, and mini sandwiches. I opted out of drinking tea and joined Mya (Jenny's 7 year old daughter) in drinking apple juice! There was also live music which included a violinist and a harpist. Throughout the Victorian Tea the women placed bids on the baskets that were put together by very generous people. All of the proceeds from the baskets went to Care Net of the Palouse which is a Christian organization that provides support to persons facing pregnancy, parenting, sexuality and abortion related issues. So not only were the proceeds going to a wonderful organization, but there were some amazing baskets including movie night baskets, baking and cooking baskets, gardening baskets and my favorite the Tea for Two basket. The Tea for Two basket included mother/daughter aprons, a cookie cook book, and a gorgeous tea set. Of course Emma and I placed a bid on the Tea for Two basket. As soon as I saw this basket I fell in love with it. I hope someday Emma and I will be able to bake delicious cookies and have tea together (that is if she wants to).
Now that I have attended my first Victorian Tea I hope Emma and I will be able to come back and visit Pullman and attend this event every year. Since I do not have any pictures of the tables I took a few of the Tea for Two basket and of some of the table decorations.
This sat on our plate when we arrived at the tea.
This is the tea set in the basket that I won. I can't wait to have tea with Emma!
Mother-Daughter cooking aprons!
Mother-Daughter aprons and a very yummy cookie recipe book!
Oh Chelsea, I am so happy that you won that basket! I had so much fun putting it together! I hope you will take photos of your first tea with Emma someday, and share them with us then!
ReplyDelete