Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Working Out

So, now that I have the official OK to work out again I have been trying to get into an exercise routine.  Until a few weeks ago I did not realize how out of shape I actually was.  I can not remember a time I was ever this out of shape and one of my goals this year is to not necessarily lose all of the extra weight, but to be healthier and get back into shape (though of course I would love to lose all of the extra weight and maybe a little more). 

Kent and I have started using the Wii Active II game and what a work out.  I bought it thinking it would be good for getting back into working out and wouldn't be much of a challenge.  Well I was very wrong.  I would highly recommend this!  I am not sure if it would be that challenging for someone who is already in shape, but for those of us who are not in shape it really gets you sweating.  Another part of our exercise routine that we are trying to get into is walking/running 2-3 times a week.  So, far Kent and I have been able to get outside twice.  But with the rainy weather it makes it kind of difficult with the little one to get outside.  Finally, something I tried this week was Zumba which was amazing.  Though at times I felt like I had no clue what I was doing, I definitely think it is a fun way to exercise. 

So, hopefully with the Wii Active, walking/running, and Zumba once or twice a week Kent and I will be able to get back into shape and be able to set a good example for Emma as she gets older, so that she will hopefully realize how important it is to be active whether it be exercising or playing sports. But, I don't think we will have a hard time with this since Emma has already begun to join in on our exercise routine.  While I do the Wii active in the mornings Emma sits in her bouncy chair and does her own exercise routine.  Below is a video of Emma exercising her little legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment