Friday, March 4, 2011

Cougar Basketball

After our visit with Annie and Lily our friend's John and Cody invited us to attend the WSU basketball game.  We were not sure how Emma would do, but we thought we would try it and see how it goes.  As I walked into the stadium I was kind of nervous that it would be way to loud for Emma, but the noise didn't phase her one bit.  Emma slept the entire time in the sleepy wrap (the most amazing invention for moms). 

We had a lot of fun and I was definitely glad to get out of the house.  While at the game Kent and I realized that this would probably be our last cougar sporting event for a few years!  It was definitely a little sad and are very glad our friends invited us to come.  Kent and I have always enjoyed going to WSU sporting events and last night I remembered why I enjoy them so much.  The fans and the very creative cheers they come up with.  My all time favorite cheer of the game was when a player on the opposing team fouled out and walked back to their seat the fans would chant together in sync with the players foot steps "right, left, right, left" until the player sat down.  As the player sat down the fans would then yell, "sit down".  Very funny to watch especially when the player would stop have way to their seat.  The fans would quit chanting and then begin again as the player began walking. 

 Family photo during the game! 

John and Cody's daughter Christi trying to eat popcorn crumbs!

 The final score of the basketball game.  Cougars beat USC!  The last minute was definitely intense!

 Emma Mae curled up in the sleepy wrap!

The student section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment