Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shots!!!

Emma had her 4 month doctors appointment today!  Kent and I had a bet on how much Emma would weigh at her appointment and I won!!! Kent said she would weigh 15 lbs and I said around 12 or 13 lbs.  Well, she officially weighed in at 13 lbs 2 oz. Since I was closer I won!!!  Kent says that I cheated since I didn't feed her and she pooped before we left.  Not my fault she wasn't hungry and pooped!

At her appointment she had to received 2 shots which I was not looking forward to.  I have my own personal fears about shots and injecting liquids into my body so, I can only imagine what it is like to be a baby having to be poked and not know what is going.  While watching her before she got her shots she was sooo happy and I smiled at her the entire time trying to show her she is ok and everything will be fine since she was staring at me like a hawk wondering if what was going on was ok.  Well it didn't work.  Like last time she screamed and cried!  This time though her crying brought tears to my eyes.  Wasn't expecting for that to happen!  I feel so bad for her on these days because she just doesn't feel well.  I told Kent that when Emma has her shots she gets to be spoiled since at this age I feel like there is not a lot that I can do for her.  Hopefully as she gets older and begins to talk she will tell me what hurts and what she needs.

Once we got in the car we gave her some infant Tylenol and that seemed to help calm her down.  Though she has been very sensitive today she is getting lots of rest and has smiled for us.  I would like to think that getting shots as a child gets better but I am guessing the screaming and crying only get worse.  Never thought I would say this, but if I could take the shots for Emma I would!!! 

Love you Emma Mae!!!


Big KISSES from mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment