Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The PURRfect birthday!

Well,  Emma's best friend in the entire world right now is her very furry kitty cat Walle.  From the day she was born she has loved Walle.  During tummy time as an infant Emma absolutely loved wiggling her toes in Walle's fur.  Though it has taken time for Walle to warm up to Emma he seems pretty fond of her as well.  So, for Emma's 2nd birthday I thought it was fitting to have a black and white kitty cat themed party for her.  At first I thought there would be lots of ideas out there for decorating, cake ideas, etc.  Well I was wrong.  Everything I found was either Cat in the Hat or Hello Kitty.  But, I did find some really cute ideas and Emma's birthday was a blast.  I hope everyone who came enjoyed themselves and thanks for celebrating our precious little girl's 2nd birthday!

 
The Inspiration!
 

 
Emma wiggling her toes in Walle's fur!

Best Friends

Kitty Cat Party

I made cat ears out of headbands and felt for each of the children.  I think the boys thought it was too girlie, but Emma and Lainey enjoyed them!
Emma and her friend Lainey!  Don't they make adorable kitties? 

The yummy food!

Emma's kitty cat cupcakes!

We couldn't have a kitty cat party without some mice!

To keep the kids entertained we filled a tub with rice and added plastic animals! 
 
It was quite the hit!

Unwrapping presents!!!

She received a very cute dolly (Rita) from her Great Aunt Kathy.  Thanks Aunt Kathy!

Waiting patiently as we sing happy birthday.

YUMMY!

Eating her favorite pink ice cream.

(Prior to the party I scooped the ice cream into cupcake wrappers.  I definitely recommend doing this for parties!)
Our beautiful 2 year old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment