It has been awhile since I last posted, but now that the Grunenfelder household is beginning to finally settle down I have time to write about our adventures over the past two months. As many of you know Kent was laid off from work in December, so we packed all of our belongings and headed to Kitsap County to live with our families until we could find a job. I am not sure what we would have done without our families. We are very blessed for all of their support!
After we settled in at our parent's Kent began applying for jobs everywhere he could. Kent ended up going to three interviews while we waited to here back from Snelson a company Kent had interviewed with in Sedro Woolley back in December. Towards the end of February Kent and I headed to Gillette, Wyoming for one of the three interviews. Right before we left for this interview Snelson called and offered Kent a job. After not having any options we now had the opportunity to have multiple job offers and were very confused as to what we should do. We were not very sure what God's plan was for us at this point because neither Kent nor I could picture ourselves living in Wyoming, but thanks to a long talk with a good friend we realized we needed to explore all of the options God was providing us before we made a decision. So we packed up our stuff and headed on a long road trip to Wyoming. Kent really liked the company and the people he interviewed with, however we were not so excited about living in Gillette, Wyoming. On our travels back to Washington we spent a long time talking about what we should do, what we thought God wanted us to do, and what was best for our family.
Well, during our road trip we realized that the biggest reason we needed to go on this trip was to spend the time just Kent and I discussing what Kent wanted out of his career and what our expectations were for our future. God definitely sent us on this long road trip so we could find clarity without any distractions. Kent and I made a decision on our way back to Washington to take the job with Snelson in Sedro Woolley. We are so thankful to our family and friends who have prayed and supported us through these last few months. We are so happy to finally be settling down in Sedro Woolley and look forward to what God has in store for our families future.
No comments:
Post a Comment