Thursday, May 24, 2012

Boys

After Bloomsday Kent's nephew Andre came to Pullman with us to spend some time with us.  We really enjoyed having him stay with us.  I know Kent wishes he could have spent more time with Andre.  While Kent was at work I had to figure out what a 7 year old boy would like to do.  We decided to head to Sunnyside Park.  We fed the ducks, played on the playground and threw lots of sticks into the pond.  Once Andre was bored, we headed home for lunch.  Once Emma went down for a nap, Andre and I had to figure out something we could do.  Since it was after Bloomsday my feet were extremely sore so I could not really go on a hike with him.  I felt really bad since we do not have a whole lot of toys and activities that a 7 year old boy would enjoy.  But we finally figured something out.  Andre really likes gardening, so we had some flowers that he planted, then he used a piece of ply wood to make a fort.  We camouflaged it with chalk.  Hopefully he had fun even though there was not a whole lot to do.  It was definitely an experience for me, but I really enjoyed having Andre visit.

Andre taking pictures of the ducks!
He was a pretty good photographer!

Andre being a boy! 

Baby sheep!

Emma getting ready to slide! 

No comments:

Post a Comment