Fun in July! Update of what Kent and I have been up to the past few weeks.
Two weekends ago my family had the Speer family reunion which was a lot of fun. Even though Kent had an extremely long drive in my air conditionless car across the state of Washington, he was able to join me and visit with my family. It had been two years since we have been able to go to my family reunion, so I was very happy that we had the opportunity to go this year. The food and visiting was amazing and I hope we will be able to attend next years reunion especially since we will have our newest addition to our family by then.
Last weekend Kent and I celebrated our 1st anniversary as husband and wife. Kent and I decided that he would plan our anniversary this year and he would surprise me. He had me convinced we were going camping outside of Spokane, however as we pulled into Spokane he took a left and headed towards Riverfront Park. I asked him where he was going and he told me our camp ground. I then said and where is our campground. And of course he replied the Davenport hotel. I was very surprised and excited that we were able to spend the weekend in a very nice hotel and not have to worry about anything. Kent did a great job planning our first anniversary! Below are a few pictures I took at our hotel.
Kent's dessert which was a deep fried banana with carmel and chocolate drizzled on top. I was surprised that Kent actually enjoyed the deep fried banana more than the apple crisp considering apple crisp is one of Kent's favorite desserts.
My last piece of exciting news is that on Monday I had my second doctors appointment and was able to listen to our babies heart beat for the first time. Kent was suppose to be there, but was unable to due to a work meeting. However, I was able to record it on my phone. It was definitely an amazing experience and made me even more excited about having a baby with my wonderful husband! I cannot wait to get to hold our little one in 6 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment