Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Emma!

On February 4th, 2012 Emma Mae Grunenfelder turned 1 year old.  Kent and I are so amazed at how fast this year has gone by.  We can hardly believe our 7 lb 18 1/2 inch baby is now a 20 lb 29 inch toddler.  Emma Mae spent her special day with her family and close friends.  We are so thankful our family and friends were able to join us in celebrating Emma's 1st birthday.  It definitely made her day even more special.

For Emma's 1st birthday we had a cupcake themed party.  I made a large cupcake for Emma to eat by herself and made small cupcakes for the guests.  In preparation for the birthday party I wanted to make sure the large cupcake would be a success, so I decided I would make the cupcake a week in advance.  This cupcake was also used for Emma's cake smash photography session.  Well, this was quite the adventure for me.  I actually ended up making 4 large cupcakes in one week.  The first cupcake I made did not bake all the way through, so I had to make a second one for the cake smash.  After changing the recipe I once again made a 3rd cupcake.  Well, that one apparently decided it did not want to bake either.  So, for my 4th attempt I used a different cake batter and thankfully it was a success.  Thanks to my aunt Cheryl I was able to frost the cupcake using professional cake decorating supplies which made decorating much easier. 


Final Birthday Cupcake

I was very thankful that we had Emma participate in a cake smash photography session prior to her party because it gave Emma a chance to get acquainted with the cupcake.  For her party she was not nearly as hesitant to eat the cupcake as she was at the cake smash.  Once she started to dig in she absolutely loved it.  It also helped that her friend Micah was digging in as well!


Singing Happy Birthday to Emma!
  
Hmmm... I think I remember this!
  
Yup I remember this!  So does Micah!
 
YUMMY!

Emma did a pretty good job eating her cupcake!


1 comment:

  1. Cute cupcake!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate! =) Happy birthday, Emma!

    ReplyDelete